What is InboxPounds?
InboxPounds is an online rewards company that pays you in reward for completing a plethora of online tasks. Do you like spending time on the computer? If so, InboxPounds might be an intriguing opportunity. In this InboxPounds review, I will outline everything you need to know about InboxPounds. Hopefully you will be able to determine if you should join or should not join.
InboxPounds is a UK-focused company, but it is owned by an American corporation, CotterWeb Enterprises, Inc. They also own InboxDollars, which is essentially the American version of InboxPounds. Think about it in terms of currency…
InboxPOUNDS and InboxDOLLARS. Pounds in the UK, and Dollars in the United States. CotterWeb Enterprises was developed by Daren Cotter in 2000. The idea of the company is to essentially connect advertisers with consumers for product input.
In all reality, you are not going to be able to support yourself or your family by using InboxPounds. This is simply an opportunity for you to make some extra money on the side simply by completing tasks online that you probably would have been doing anyways.
Following is a list of the ways you can earn money with InboxPounds…
- Playing games – Earn some extra cash by simply playing online games. Their games include: Bingo, slots, and digital scratch cards.
- Complete offers – Complete special offers such as online shopping for the chance to discover new products and services. You can save money, and also earn additional cash back.
- InboxPounds partners with companies like Gap, Best Buy, Banana Republic, and many others.
- Sign up- InboxPounds will pay you an initial £1 for signing up, and an additional £0.50 for activating your account/setting up a profile.
- Filling out surveys –Visit your survey dashboard will let you know when you have surveys to complete. On average, expect to make £0.20 through £0.50 for
- Complete tasks – InboxPounds pays you to complete tasks such as labeling products, sorting online content, researching answers, and earning additional cash rewards for completing simple tasks.
- Reading e-mails – Earn cash for simply opening emails with special offers for famous brands.
- Referral Program – For every friend you refer, you will refer 10% of their earnings.
Unlike most online rewards sites like this, InboxPounds offers many different ways to earn money. The only problem is that you need to earn £20 before you can cash out. If you only plan on taking surveys, for example, it will take a very long time. Even if you take advantage of everything they have to offer, it will still take a considerable amount of time.
Once you reach £20, you can finally cash out! The following is a list of InboxPounds cash out options…
- You can simply request a check to be sent to your house
- You can request a prepaid visa card
- You can request an amazon UK gift card
It takes InboxPounds about 2 weeks for payments to be processed. This can be a drag, I get it.
Luckily, once you reach the £20 threshold or the first time, you automatically become a gold member.
So what does becoming a gold member actually mean?
Gold members enjoy additional perks including faster payments, more sweepstakes entries, more loyalty rewards, and additional referral rewards.
If you are considering joining, I'm sure you are curious about the general customer perception.
Following is a list of the most common customer complaints…
- The payout check never arrived- Unfortunately, many customers have this same complaint. For some reason, they never receive their check after redeeming their points. They worked long and hard for that money, and even when they followed up with customer support, they did not get the help that they needed. Coincidence or not?
- No payout for survey disqualifications- Occasionally, you will start working on a survey, get a little bit into it, and you will suddenly be screened out. Some survey sites pay you for the inconvenience, but not InboxPounds.
- You have to stay active- After a period of inactivity, InboxPounds will shut down your account. So if you are close to the £20 threshold, do not go inactive!
- It takes forever to reach the £20 threshold- payout is so little for every task they have for you. It can take a really long time to get one payout.
After reading these common customer complaints, continue reading to figure out if it is legit or a scam.
Legit or a Scam?
I do not think InboxPounds is a scam, but I do think that you should be aware of red flags. Most of the time, they pay out and customers have good things to say about InboxPounds. There are times, however, that people do not receive payment. This is a little fishy in my opinion.
I know that I would not be happy if I did not receive my check after spending my precious time reaching the £20 threshold.
It is, although, owned by CotterWeb Enterprises, Inc. They are credible and have paid out millions of dollars to their users.
So is it a scam? That's for you to decide.
If InboxPounds does not seem like a good fit for you, another similar site that is 100% credible and i definitely recommend is Swagbucks. Click here to check it out!
Pros & Cons
- Easy to navigate site
- Free to join
- Some surveys that pay a bit more
- Excellent referral program- after referring a friend/family member, you do nothing and still receive 10% of whatever they earn
- Automatic upgrade to gold membership after your first £20 cash out
- Income potential is very low- but most survey sites are
- Limited cash out options- in comparison to some other survey sites
- Be prepared for random screenings
- Increasing number of complaints
How To Get Started
Getting started is very simple with InboxPounds. You simply visit the homepage, enter your email address, and click “sign me up”.
From there, you will be asked to fill out some personal demographic information such as age and occupation so that they know what surveys to send to you, which tasks to give you, etc.
Now it is time to start working towards the £20 threshold. Once you reach it, go ahead and cash out!
Now you are probably wondering if this is an opportunity for you.
InboxPounds is good for people who understand how survey sites work. You are not going to make any substantial amount of money, and if you think about it, your time is not compensated for.
It is best for people who enjoy filling out surveys, playing online games, use email, etc. If you spend a lot of time on the computer, and would like to receive a small payment for what you do on a regular basis, this might be a good opportunity for you.
You must recognize that the payout is very small, so you have to change your approach. The best approach is to be relaxed. Do not spend hours using InboxPounds, and expect to make serious money! It is a little extra money that is a nice compliment to your full time income.
After reading this InboxPounds review, you should now be have all the information that you need to able to determine if this is a worthwhile opportunity for you.