If you’re like most people, you use the internet. A lot. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could earn rewards and cash back for the things you already do online? You can! Let’s take a closer look at Swagbucks and Swagbucks codes and learn how we can start making money today for doing what we already do online!
What is Swagbucks.com
Swagbucks is the largest and most popular online rewards program. It works sort of like a search engine, and it pays you in cash or gift cards for the things you already do online, including browsing the web, playing games, shopping, watching videos and taking surveys. The points (a.k.a SB) you earn from Swagbucks can be exchanged for gift cards to some of your favorite stores, or even paid out as cash in the form of a PayPal deposit. Sounds pretty great so far, right?
Swagbucks is based in El Segundo, CA and it’s owned by a company called Prodege LLC. Swagbucks has been around for almost ten years now. Before they launched Swagbucks, the company worked in tandem with different charitable organizations as well as some musicians and celebrities to produce branded search engines that would reward the users with a donation to their favorite charity or exclusive swag or experiences from some of their favorite musical artists. It seems that these ventures provided the company with the information and the framework for what would become Swagbucks. While their initial products had potential, they’ve hit a homerun with this platform. There are well over 10 million people worldwide who use Swagbucks, and to date, they’ve paid out over $194,000,000 to its members.
Swagbucks functions as a two-sided network. There are two types of entities interested in the platform: People like you, and the companies hoping to reach people like you through the platform. Essentially, you’re willing to perform actions that will earn you money, and companies are willing to pay you to perform those actions, Swagbucks job is to connect you with the companies willing to pay you for the actions you perform. Companies aren’t just paying you out of the goodness of their heart; they’re also making money from what you do, as well. For example, a company may pay Swagbucks to offer a survey to their users, or promote a certain video, or encourage you to shop their store. In turn, they take some of the money they’re paid by companies and pays it out to members in the form of rewards. It’s a cool little arrangement considering everyone gets something positive out of the deal. Now, let’s take a look at some of the different ways you can earn SB.
Ways to Earn Swagbucks
If only Swagbucks were worth as much as real bucks, right? While each SB works out to being only worth about a penny each, there are so many different ways to earn them. Plus, you can earn SB very quickly, so before you know it, you’ve stacked up quite a nest egg. Here’s some more info on the different ways that you can earn SB.
- Search – Swagbucks owns a custom search engine that works pretty much identically to the search engines you’ve used in the past. The difference, however, is that with their search engine, users are randomly chosen to receive some Swagbucks! These rewards range from a few SB up until 1,000. So, it’s worth it to give their search engine a shot so you can maximize your earning potential.
- Watching Videos – Watching videos through Swagbucks is one of the most lucrative options here, and it’s one of the best ways to earn SB throughout the month. There’s even an app you can download that will play videos back to back, that’s you’ll earn SB for watching.The app, Swagbucks TV is pretty similar to Youtube, with the key difference being that users can earn SB for the videos they watch on the platform. Best of all, who says you even have to watch the videos? Plug your phone in, press play on some videos, and before you know it, you’re earning a ton of extra SB for the month, with little to no effort.
- Surveys – Since SB members are typically so engaged with different ways they can earn points, third party companies often come to Swagbucks to complete market research. Completing these surveys is a great way to earn. You can earn up to 300 SB for each survey, which makes surveys one of the most lucrative ways to earn SB.
- Swag Codes – A swagbucks code is a special codes you can find on the Swagbucks network. Whenever you find a code and redeem it, you receive bonus SB. There are tons of codes out there each day. Plus, there’s also a few sites that round up all of the active codes for that are available for the day and post them to the site. We’re going to discuss these in more detail momentarily.
- Coupons – Swagbucks also offers coupons on some popular items that you can use to save money. Plus, for each coupon you redeem, that’s 10 SB. It may not be much, but when it comes to SB, each point counts.
- Games – You can play games on the SwagBucks portal to earn SB as well.
- Special Offers – Often, you’ll see special offers that are put together by third party companies on the Swagbucks portal. Completing these offers is a great way to earn SB.
- Referrals – Got friends? You can invite your friends and family to join Swagbucks using a referral link. As your friends and family use Swagbucks and earn SB, you’ll receive a bonus based on the amount of SB your friends and family earn. That bonus is nothing to shake a stick at, either. As your referrals use the platform and earn SB, you receive 10% of that number as a bonus. Think of it like this: If you can get ten people to use Swagbucks regularly, and earn about the same amount of SB that you do, it’s like you’re doubling the amount of SB you’re earning.
- Meeting Goals – On your Swagbucks homepage, you’ll notice a goal meter for that day. By completing different tasks within the Swagbucks portal, you’ll get closer to your goal for the day. If you hit your goal, you receive a bonus.
- Random Winners – You’ll want to check the Swagbucks blog often throughout the day. Each hour, a user will be chosen at random for the prize of 1,000 SB.
- Shopping – Another popular way to earn money is by shopping for your favorite items. The Shop and Earn feature includes a number or popular retailers. You’ll receive SB for spending money on these stores, kind of like cash back on a credit card. This is one of the best ways to earn on Swagbucks. Some stores pay up to 4 SB for each dollar you spend. That’s 4% cash back. Where else can you earn 4% cash back on purchases? The credit card I use to pay for all my online purchases gives me 1.5% cash back. Add my SB into that, and I’m earning 5.5% on most of the things I buy online. Beat that.
Swagbucks vs. Swag Codes
We’ve been talking a lot about Swagbucks and Swag Codes, but you may be wondering what the difference is between the two?
Swagbucks are the points you earn for doing things like watching videos, doing surveys, playing games, shopping, etc. You can then redeem these points for gift cards or cash.
These are special codes you can find throughout the Swagbucks network. Once you have a Swag Code, you can redeem it for SB. Sometimes you’ll find a Swagbucks Swag Code easily, other times they can require a bit of detective work to sniff out.
Types of Swag Codes
There’s a ton of different types of Swagbucks codes, as you’d imagine it can be a bit much to have to remember them all. Let’s take a closer look at each type of code.
- Sign-up Codes – You can redeem these codes when you setup your account. If you haven’t signed up for Swagbucks today, do a quick Google search for Swagbucks sign up codes before you create your account. That way, when you create your account you’ve already got a handful of SB under your belt.
- Regular Codes – These are the most common types of codes. You’ll find these throughout the Swagbucks platform.
- Mobile Monday Codes – These codes are released exclusively through the Swagbucks mobile app. You’ll need to have the app on your Android or iOS device to redeem these. As the name indicates, these codes are released each Monday.
- Swagbutton Thursday Codes – to redeem these codes, you’ll need the the Swagbutton browser extension on your computer. These codes are released every Thursday.
- iSpy Tuesday Codes – Each Tuesday, Swagbucks likes to play a fun game with users. The site will send out a total of four questions, one at a time throughout the day. To answer these questions, you’ll need to use the Swagbucks search engine, iSpy. Once you have the answer you need, enter it just like you would any other Swag Code. You’ll need to be quick, though. Usually, these codes are only redeemable by the first few thousand people with the answer.
- Stealth codes – These are codes you’ll find on the website SBCodez. These guys do a great job at rounding up all of the day's available codes and putting them in one place. Plus, they have their own exclusive codes known as stealth codes which you can find throughout their site.
- SwagCode Extravaganza – Usually once a month, the folks at Swagbucks will go crazy and send out a whole bunch of different Swagbucks codes throughout the day. These codes are the same as any other Swag Code; the only difference is you’ll see them more frequently, on that one day a month that they’re released.
How To Find A Swag Code
Swag Code’s can be found in tons of different places. You may find them on Facebook, Twitter, and the Swagbucks blog, just to name a few. You could do all your own detective work on your own if you wish. But, you could make things easier on yourself with a browser extension that alerts you whenever a new Swag Code is released. Since codes are time-sensitive and may expire before you have the opportunity to redeem them, the browser extension can be helpful in ensuring you always get the codes in time. They’re practically free money, so you’ll want to get them while they’re hot!
What Does A Swag Code Look Like
The codes are comprised of a series of letters and sometimes numbers. Sometimes they’re all one case, sometimes they case is varied, and other times they can even include numbers. So, a Swag Code may look something like THIS, or like tHiS or even like Th1s. It may seem a bit confusing at first, but once you’ve seen your first few codes, you’ll bea able to recognize one immediately once you see it. Downloading the Swagbucks browser extension for Chrome or Firefox can make it even easier to spot a Swag Code when you come across one.
How to Use Swag Codes
Using Swag Codes is super easy. From any page on Swagbucks.com, you’ll notice a tiny safe icon (it’s next to the mail icon for your inbox). Just click on the safe, and a drop down box will appear that allows you to input your code. Then, just type the code into the box (the codes are case sensitive so be sure to type the code in properly). Or, you could do what I do and just copy codes as you get them so you can easily paste them into the box. Once you’ve entered your code, you’ll receive a confirmation that you’ve received your Swagbucks.
If you’re using the Swagbucks app on an iOS or Android device, the premise for using Swagbucks codes is the same, but entering them is slightly different. In the app itself, you’ll notice a small lock in the right-hand corner of the screen. That lock functions just like the safe you’re used to seeing on a computer. Just click the little lock and enter your code as you would have on your computer and you’ll unlock your SB.